Chips was the most decorated American war dog from World War II. Chips was a German Shepherd-Collie-Siberian Husky mix, owned by Edward J Wren of New York state.
Shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor, Dogs for Defense was (DFD) was established. During the war, private citizens like Edward Wren would donate their dogs for war duty. Chips shipped out in 1942 for training as a sentry dog. He served with the 3rd Infantry Division in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, France and Germany. His handler was Pvt. John P. Rowell.
|Chips the Dog