Tuesday 4 January 2011

Life Preserver.

Hi Mum and Olive.

I hope you enjoyed my adventures on Christmas eve with Santa. 



Happy New year to everyone.


Well its a whole new year of adventures starting now. I have been measured up for my new life preserver. The family are getting a bit fed-up of my trips over the side of the boat and all of the panic that it seems to create. I am a perfectly good swimmer, I enjoy swimming and I try do it as often as possible. The family seem to think that I am a danger to myself. So, I am to be fitted with a life preserver. To be worn whenever I am allowed out on deck. I know it is dangerous to fall into the river or canal. The problem is that the family have not realised yet. I never fall into the water, I jump into the water. Its perfectly safe, I'm a dog and its part of my job.


There is a down side to jumping into the water. The family go mental rushing around the boat, its a wonder they don't fall in! Then they hook me out of the water with a long pole. This is swiftly followed by another bout of  admonishment and finger waving. Then they blame each other for not keeping and eye on me. Then they return to blaming me for going swimming. The most confusing part of the punishment seems to be putting me in the shower! They then soak me through again, in the shower with warm water which I must admit I quite enjoy. Then I get rubbed down with warm towels, which I just love every moment of. The cat then gets kicked out of my basket and I end up being snuggled up in front of the nice warm stove in my bed. 


This is all part of the punishment for being naughty. I know, I don't believe it either, then they wonder why I am being such a naughty girl!


The weather outside looks like there is more snow on the way and we had a white Christmas already this year. So for the third year in a row, snow was not only be on the Christmas cards.

With the temperature down to -10c overnight. I can't help but think, sometimes its good to be snuggled up in a nice warm and cosy bed. Which is strategically located just in front of the log burner stove. Life can be very tough even for fiesty terrier like me!




Does My Bum Look Big In This?



I think I should warn you, my family are not normal. Just to give you a feel for what they are like. I thought I would include their photograph into the Canal Dog Blog.

You can find even more weird and wonderful things about them on Narrow-Boat.Com. These are seriously weird people.

Yip Yap.

Love Poppy XX

No comments:

Post a Comment